Monday, April 2, 2012

My Writing Calendar

Here's a copy of the writing calendar I mentioned in an earlier post. An X is happy happy write write and a circle (or in the case of March 5th a sad face) means no writing was done that day. In the ended, I wrote 26 days in March and my output topped out at 52,000 words for the month. I'll take it. I'm aiming to average 2,000 words a day. So far so good with that for April, but uh yeah, that's not impressive for now. What will be impressive is if I can keep up with this pace. Forever. Seriously, my life feels better for all of it. You can't really see the specifics, but I have word counts attached to each day and since the St. Patty's Day Hiatus, I've solidly averaged 2k/day and I hope to keep that up to a point where I can plan on days off (only when absolutely necessary) and increase production accordingly to keep that clip going.

To me, it's not about anything but putting words down that lead to the end of this tunnel. I'm close with one character, not as close with another, a little further away with three others and way off with one who may not make the cut. Each character will follow his/her storyline to an acceptable story-telling ledge that will tie them together, albeit loosely, then I can go back and start re-writing and adding the details I've sorely missed in the rough draft thus far. I'm thinking each character has about a 20-30k word story arc attached to them. If I can just keep going at this pace (one word at a time, one day at a time), this should be done somewhere in the summertime. Maybe. Hopefully. But without those and without that pace, me and this silly little blog melt in the heat. No big deal or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment